Cambridge School is a special secondary school in the borough of Hammersmith and Fulham.
Currently our admissions team admit students into our school from Hammersmith and Fulham, Westminster, Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea and several other London boroughs. The Children’s Services, SEND department are responsible for all admissions to the school and any consultation must go through H&F Special Needs Placement Panel (SNAP).
Students attending Cambridge School must have an Education Health and Care Plan (EHCP). The school population consists of pupils from a diverse range of social, cultural and ethnic backgrounds with a wide range of moderate and complex learning difficulties including:
- Cognitive Developmental Delay as the primary need
- Speech, Language and Communication as the primary need but operating below old National Curriculum levels
- Social, Emotional and Mental Health may be mentioned on the statement/EHC plan but is not the primary need; rather it is a function of either CDD or SLCN
- Substantial difficulties with Literacy and Numeracy
- Immature social development
As a part of the admissions process parents and carers are invited to the school to meet the head teacher and learn more about the range of provisions offered. Children’s Services will notify parents and carers of the starting date and any transport arrangements if a place is offered and accepted.
Once a placement has been agreed the school will hold a multi-disciplinary admissions meeting to make sure all the professionals involved with your child in school have the relevant information to ensure your child’s learning, health and wellbeing needs are met.
61 Bryony Road,
0208 735 0980
Cambridge School © 2020 | All Rights Reserved